"Beyond Driving with Dignity"
Providing practical, real-life solutions to older drivers and their families
The Beyond Driving with Dignity (BDD) training and certification program has been designed to arm certain professionals with tools necessary to help older drivers and their families work through the complicated issue of age-related diminishing driving skills.
Our training and certification program supplements your current professional skills and life experiences with a very pro-active, targeted program that will help older drivers and their loved ones work through what can be a very complex, sensitive and emotional transition.
- Evolving a concerned family’s opinion and speculation into solid, tangible facts
- Helping the older driver and his or her family make appropriate driving related decisions
- Providing a viable, practical plan that will help ensure a smooth driving retirement, or in helping the older driver self-impose appropriate driving restrictions
- Creating a culture of ongoing support to help the older driver and his/her family meet transportation needs
- Ensuring there is minimal disruption to the older driver’s personal independence, dignity and feelings of self-worth
during this transition process, and beyond
The Certified Beyond Driving with Dignity Professional will receive training in:
The Beyond Driving with Dignity program is designed to be worked in close conjunction with “Beyond Driving with Dignity; The workbook for older drivers and their families”. The workbook complements the efforts of the BDD Professional, and the BDD Professional compliments the contents of the workbook. Both the BDD professional and the workbook work in tandem to bring a peaceful resolution to the complex and sensitive issues surrounding an older driver’s diminishing driving skills.
The Beyond Driving with Dignity program is not built around the premeditated goal of “taking the keys away” from an older driver. Rather, the program is designed to help the older driver and concerned family members make appropriate decisions on the future of the individual’s safe driving career. It is true that in certain circumstances, this may involve assisting the older driver in making a smooth and permanent transition from the driver’s seat to the passenger seat.